Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

Happy 4th of July to everyone!  I love having a day to celebrate the blessing it is to live in this great land.  The more I read about the history of this nation the more I appreciate the sacrifices of so many and recognize the hand of deity in the shaping of America.  We began our day of celebration at a ward breakfast and then onto the parade in downtown Danville -a big deal in our little town.  Right behind where we sat there was a realtors office who sponsored a party with jump houses, snow cones, balloons, food, face painting, and all that fun stuff.  The kids would run back and forth between the parade and the festivities (I think they each had like 5 snow cones).  In the evening we all biked down to Central Park for a picnic dinner and fireworks.  It was a bit chilly (more blankets would have been good) but fun nonetheless. Biking home at 10:30 in the dark was an interesting experiences but we were on a trail the whole way so not too scary.  I had been a little sad we were not going anywhere for the 4th but it really was fun to stay home and experience the festivities here!

5 comments:

Megan Bruschke said...

I too am a big fan of the 4th! It sounds like you had a perfect day - a family picnic and bike ride sounds awesome!

Erika said...

Love the 4th and I can't think of a better way to spend it than in your own town with its festivities. Looks like a great time!

Laura said...

Cami, looks like a lot of fun. I bet Danville is the perfect size town to celebrate a holiday like this. Say hi to the family for us!

Flake Family said...

Cami
Your blog is so cute. I connected to it off of someone elses, I hope thats okay. we have been haveing a hard time lately with our kids, you may have heard... anyway I started a blog too. Hopefully soon ours can be so positive too.

Jen Frost said...

Love the 4th and all the festivities that go with. Looks like you had a great time. Your kids look great. We miss you. Landon and Bryant and Savannah and Alexa would be little buddies.