Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Birthday kids



Yesterday we celebrated two birthdays - Ashlyn turned 12 and Dallin turned 10!  It was a birthday I'm sure they will always remember.  Under the direction of our bishopric, we are currently in the middle of an earthquake drill.  This means we are not suppose to be using electricity, gas, or tap water.  You cannot really tell from the pictures (thanks to a flash), but we had our birthday dinner and celebration by candlelight.  The kids think it's fun and enjoyed reading cards by candlelight and viewing their presents by the fire. (I did cheat though and baked their birthday cake in the oven - actually, I cheated alot yesterday).  This is a particularly special birthday for Ashlyn as she is now officially in Young Woman's.  The Beehives kidnapped her this morning for her initiation breakfast.  She also gets a party this year and is looking forward to that this weekend.  Dallin had a great birthday as he got a Lego Mindstorm - something he has really wanted and took classes at UC Berkeley to learn how to use.  A fun day for some great kids! 

6 comments:

sarah said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn & Dallin. We miss you guys! Cami -- cheater cheater you didn't want to bake a cake in the fireplace? Ha Ha

Iris said...

I totally remember having to do something like that as a kid, only I was still at that age where I was terrified to sleep in the dark, so mom let me cheat. It's all in the family, I guess. Happy birthday to Ashlyn and Dallin! I can't believe Ashlyn is in young women's now.

Laura said...

Oh I love these 2 kids. Happy Birthday D and A. Very cool about the earthquake drill... how long did you have to do that? I can see the fire going in the background, very cozy Cami.

Cheri said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn and Dallin!!!

Melissa Morgan said...

I can't believe Ashlyn turned 12...wow! She is so grown up and beautiful. Anyway's just wanted to let you guys know that we finally started a blog. The address is minimnms.blogspot.com Hope all is well with you guys!

Jen Frost said...

Your kids are growing up so fast. Happy Birthday to them. I can't believe Ashlyn is in YW now. Oh, and I can only imagine the fun times Alexa and Savannah would have together and Landon and Bryant...that would be really interesting.