Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend in Seattle


Craig and I were lucky enough to throw in a little getaway to Seattle before the summer ended.  I wanted to do a quick weekend trip somewhere and decided on Seattle because I had never been there and have always heard how beautiful it is.   We were lucky to be joined by two really great friends, the Hamiliton's and the Plewe's.  We were only there for two days but we sure packed it in - Pikes Market, Space Needle, Underground tour, hike to waterfall, Lock's tour, ferry to island, etc.  We had such a great time - the only thing that would have made it better would have been one more day (a little relaxing and shopping would have been nice).  On the way home I commented to Craig about how nice it was to go on a little adventure with him - forget we have kids for a few days and just try something new together.  I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Andrea W. said...

How nice. So smart to get away while you can. Brennan and I were just remembering a trip we took a year ago, but it honestly seems like 5 years ago. Time for another! Cute picture of you and Craig.

sarah said...

Craig has his eyes open and is smiling -- WOW! :) I was hoping for the picture of him and Troy snoring!

Megan Bruschke said...

It sounds like you packed it in while you were there - it is a beautiful place! And spending time with a husband without kids is truly PRICELESS! Glad you had fun! We miss you guys and hope to see you soon!