
Culinary Institute of America at Greystone

This past weekend Craig and I went on a little getaway to the Napa Valley. Craig planed this as an anniversary gift a few weeks ago. We drove through Napa a couple of years ago (before we ever moved to Northern California) and I thought it was so beautiful and he remembered this. We weren't there for very long (about 24 hours) but it was nice to just get away - especially since Craig had been on a business trip all week - and it's only an hour away. We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast - our first experience at this type of accommodations. It was a fun adventure. The people were very nice and the food was amazing. It was kind of funny to be in a place famous for it's wine and not drink - people thought we were a little strange I'm sure. However, its such a beautiful place with the hills and hills of vineyards with these amazing chateau's scattered throughout. There is also great food and shopping. Someday I'd like to go back with girlfriends to visit one of the famous spa's and to take a cooking class at the Culinary Institute of America that is there. Any takers!!
5 comments:
Let's do it! How does next week sound :)
I love Bed and Breakfasts! They can be nicer than some hotels, if you get a good one, for a fraction of the price.
Sounds like a fun trip!
I am game! I have ALWAYS wanted to take a class at the Institute, and the one time I did go to a spa in Napa with girlfriends, it was a fabulous weekend!
Happy Anniversary!
How fun! I got to do a trip with my sisters last year in San Francisco and we spent a day touring Napa too. It was amazing. We did tour a winery, I think it was the Domain Chandon ??, and didn't drink either. It was so beautiful though. We went to the CIA as well. Glad you had fun!
oh I'd LOVE to come!!
I'm so glad you and Craig could have such a nice getaway. It looks beautiful Cami.
Post a Comment