Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hooray for School!!


I know I'm one of those awful parents but I am SO happy to have the kids back to school.  What can I say, I love a good schedule and although summer is loads of fun, it's always nice to get back to the schedule stuff.  The kids started with a half day yesterday (they have to tease you a little first) and then a 2/3 day today (Wednesday are always a weird day) and then tomorrow the whole shebang.  (The first day was a bit crazy, hence no pictures of Dallin or Ashlyn)

 This is a big year because Alexa STARTED KINDERGARTEN - yea!  She is very excited to go to school and is loving every minute of it (who couldn't love finger-painting with pudding). 

I am still trying to get a grip on the management of it all - juggling 3 different schools with 4 different schedules (yes, the office did have to call me today to come pick up Breann) - but we will figure it all out.  The kids all love their new teachers (Dallin has the same teacher as last year so he jumped right in) and are looking forward to no TV, loads of homework, regular piano practice, and an all around good time learning!

7 comments:

Jen Frost said...

HI Cami, love the post. I can totally relate. Although I miss the kids I'm happy to be on a schedule again for all of us, it's much better. Savannah started Kindergarten too! I miss her. I haven't updated my blog in a while, but I hope to in the next few days...did I send you an invite? Mine is private now too. Hope your all doing well.

Laura said...

THANK YOU for saying that you LIKE getting the kids back in school, whenever I have said this in passing to others... they look at me as if I am an awful mother. I agree.... summer is fun, but I like a "good schedule".
So, what made you go private?

Megan Bruschke said...

I hope they are all happy with their teachers and that you get to enjoy some quiet time to read, shop, or anything else that may appeal to you! We miss you all!

Cami Bruschke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cami Bruschke said...

In answer to your question, Laura, I had someone weird person commenting on my blog and it freaked me out a little. Craig has always wanted me to go private and I decided it wasn't worth taking any chances.

sarah said...

GO Cami! What are you doing with all of your time??? I seem to be filling it with TOO much stuff! When are we going on a jaunt? Don't you need a girl escape? Even for just a weekend?

Joseph & Tracy Larsen said...

Cute pictures Cami! The kids looks so big