Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mom's birthday weekend...

This past weekend I had the great opportunity to fly down to Southern California and spend a few days with my mom and two of my sisters.  It's a rare opportunity to just be together as adults and share some precious time together.  Much of the time was spent just hanging out, talking and eating.  However, Saturday we ventured out and went on a bike ride up in LA.  We headed to Santa Monica beach where we road over 20 miles along the coast line, visiting the Santa Monica Pier and walking thru Venice Beach.  



We saw many interesting things and people in Venice Beach.  I can't believe I've lived in CA most of my life and have never been to this area.  



It was so nice to spend this time with my sisters whom I used to see almost daily in AZ and miss being around.  I'm grateful for such a wonderful husband who was supportive in my leaving (even though I was gone all the previous weekend too at Time Out for Women) and held down the fort while I was gone.  Like Nephi, I too have been 'born of goodly parents'.  My mom and dad are amazing people and I'm grateful for their great examples as well as their love and support.


1 comment:

Laura said...

Cami, I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your mom and sisters-- and it looks like you had such a great time too. I can't believe 20 miles!!! I am so impressed.
I sure miss you, just last night I was speaking of you to my friend, Kyle. She grew up there in your area and was telling me how amazing it is (and I was telling her how much I loved your main drag there in Danville). She thinks her sister might be in your ward/stake. I'll find out her name and let you know.
love you.