We spent a fabulous few days in Tahoe this past weekend. We left Thursday early morning, skied Thursday and Friday, sled Saturday and then came home that afternoon. This is the third year we have gone to Tahoe so the kids are getting better at skiing and snowboarding and they really have a great time. We were so lucky because it has rained solid for two weeks (and snowed in Tahoe) but the days we were there were beautiful, perfect ski days.



Luckily, Dallin got his boot off two days before we left. Thanks to some physical therapy the doctor had him doing while in the boot, he was able to snowboard ok. Good timing!

Craig and I took turns hanging out with Bryant and skiing. He enjoyed playing in the snow and doing his 'sticker book' in the lodge.

I think the best part of the whole trip was Alexa. She went to ski school last year but didn't really remember much. The first day was a bit rough but the second day it just clicked for her and she was skiing all by herself. She had so much fun! She would get off the lift and then head straight down the hill - not even looking back to see if we were with her. She would fly down the hill and then get straight back in line. It actually got annoying sometimes because she would go to get right back on the lift all by herself if Craig or I wasn't down fast enough. She even got mad when we made her stop for lunch. It was so fun to see her having so much fun.

Saturday we headed to the hill for some sledding. Unfortunately, it was quite a bit colder with some snow flurries.

Needless to say, Bryant didn't like it too much.

We went with 4 other families from our ward. The kids had a great time with friends. Definitely some great memories made!
2 comments:
Looks fun--a far cry from living in the tropics. I meant to tell you that I was at a friend's house the other day and she had her blog on her coffee table--printed and in a book format. It was pretty cool and motivating to see what the fruit of blogging labor can be.
Wow, what fun family memories, and how cool that your kids are learning to ski. If I liked the snow at all, I would ask if we could come next time you go :). Maybe we could do a beach trip??
Can't wait to see you next month!
Post a Comment