Yea - we finally got our shipment and so we now have a computer. I was told after I got here that I should have sent my computer with my air shipment so it would have been here right away. I guess you learn these things with experience. It's hard to live without a computer (or phone - I didn't have either for a while). I don't have much time (I have a house to unpack an organize as well as the rest of life) but I wanted to post some pictures from our first few weeks here in Singapore.

We arrived on a Saturday and then Monday was National Day here in Singapore - like our 4th of July. We went downtown to see some of the festivities. The streets were lined with army tanks - getting ready for a big parade.

Looking out over the Singapore River.

This picture is for Grandpa Bruschke. Before we came he sent us information about this unique hotel/casino (The Sands) that a big Las Vegas company built to help increase tourism here. Apparently it has an amazing 'no end' pool that is the entire length of that upper 'ship' looking thing. Hopefully one day we'll make it up there to see it.

The kids started school last week. It's been nice for them to have a schedule and routine. We moved into our house a week before our stuff came and just camped out with mats for sleeping and cardboard boxes for a table. The kids wanted to be close to school so they could just walk and our hotel was so far away. It was nice to have a place to call 'home', even if it was empty.

Our shipment arrived Saturday - yea! Never has couches, beds, and tables looked so good. It was a HUGE blessing because Craig left Sunday for a two week business trip so it was super nice to have him here to help get everything set up and organized. We're still unpacking boxes and trying to find a place for everything - it may take a while. It's nice to know that if we need something, it is here somewhere - although sometimes a treasure hunt to find it (still haven't come across the power cord for the printer). We're also moving on to trying to set stuff up and plug things in. Just this morning, Ashlyn and I blew a power strip and electrical outlet - it's all very confusing - what can plug into what without blowing. Hopefully we won't have too many casualties.
We're getting used to our new life here - in some ways it's just the same and in other ways it's very different. We miss our friends and family back home but look forward to getting out and seeing what this part of the world has to offer.
7 comments:
THanks for posting these pictures! AMAZING. I don't know about that hotel though - just looking at it makes me nervous! :)
What a beautiful place! How are the kids liking school? Glad you got all of your stuff - finally. Love you all!
Fun to see some pictures of your new life. We miss you guys already (even though we wouldn't see you for a while away. Just feels weird that we couldn't if we wanted to). Glad you got your stuff. Now keep us updated on all the fun (or not so fun) experience you are having!
IT all sounds so exciting and adventurous! Moving is never really fun - and I can only imagine what it brings when you are moving across the world! So glad to hear that things are getting settled and you all look wonderful! All our love and best wishes!
I'm glad you made it ok. That swimming pool is amazing.
Singapore looks very pretty from these photos. Glad you have posted them.
Wow! you guys are really there! Sounds like you're settling in. John went up to see that endless pool last time he was there...he said it made his stomach drop just looking at it ;-) But he said it was definitely worth seeing.
He just took off this morning for Singapore and would love to get together with you guys while he is there. What is the best way to reach you?
Wow! you guys are really there! Sounds like you're settling in. John went up to see that endless pool last time he was there...he said it made his stomach drop just looking at it ;-) But he said it was definitely worth seeing.
He just took off this morning for Singapore and would love to get together with you guys while he is there. What is the best way to reach you?
Post a Comment