Sunday, August 29, 2010

9 kids...oh my!

So we've had 4 of my sister Anna's kids staying with us the last few days - ages 7 months, 3, 5 and 8 - while she is in India with her husband and older daughter. So, for the last 3 days (and 2 more to go), I have been the mother of 9 kids. Not only that but a single mother, as Craig is still out of town. Anna figured it out and said that technically, I really could have had all these kids as none of their ages line up so they really all could be mine - if I had been crazy enough to have 9 kids (I have a lot more respect for my friend Diana Rosdahl who has 9 kids - maybe not all this close though). We are kind of in survival mode - taking it a day at a time. It's been fun for the kids to be all together. My kids didn't know Anna's kids very well since, over the past few years, we've only seen them once a year since they were living in Singapore. It's fun to get to know our cousins better and spend some time with them. Maybe we know them too well now!
Friday night we had a 'movie night'. We're still trying to get unpacked and settled so needless to say, we don't have a TV set up yet. So, we pushed back the kitchen table and made a 'movie theater' in front of the computer. We downloaded the movie 'Quest for Camelot', got out blankets and pillows, add some popcorn, and wala - it's a movie night! The kids had fun and I enjoyed a pretty quiet house for a while.

2 comments:

Kiersten said...

Sounds like the family reunion all over again. Good luck!

sarah said...

That didn't answer any of my questions :-) I'll be expecting more updates soon!