This is our big birthday week as we celebrate Ashlyn and Dallin's birthdays. (Actually it's a big birthday month as we will hit Bryant's in a few weeks too). Both birthday's were on Wednesday but due to scheduling and a crazy week, we celebrated Dallin's on Tuesday and Ashlyn on Wednesday (spreads the cake out a little too).

I can't believe he's really 12 - I almost have 2 teenagers! Craig and I were commenting recently at how much Dallin has matured over the last few months. He's truly been a delight. He really stepped up with this move to Singapore - immersing right into middle school without problem and getting involved in various activities that strengthen him as a person.

He loved his In-N-Out shirt. Not sure it was a good idea though - now we have a constant reminder of what we're missing out on. As soon as we get to CA we will 'Race to the Place' (that is what the shirt says).

We have a tradition in our family that for the kids 12th birthday they go on a trip with their dad - it was suppose to be to Utah and include a session of General Conference in the conference center. Craig has been looking forward for years to taking Dallin to Priesthood Session in the Conference Center. Unfortunately, due to the distance now, we had to come up with another trip. Dallin has gotten really into rock climbing (he climbs three days a week after school) so Craig was going to take him rock climbing in Krabi, Thailand. Then, a week before his birthday, we found out that he could go on High Adventure for scouts and they are going to Krabi to rock climb in January. So, we came up with plan C - hiking and surfing in Bali. Fun bonding trip for dad and son.

Ashlyn is really 14 - wow!! When my kids get older, it means that I'm getting older - scary. It's so fun to watch them grow up and have life experiences. Ashlyn is such a delight - I'm constantly realizing how blessed I am to be apart of her life and watch her grow and mature. Tuesday I went and watched her first basketball game at the school (she made the middle school basketball team) and I was filled was so much pride for this child (bad, I know). She excels in school, is a great friend to all, plays some great ball (fun to watch), and then comes home and plays me beautiful music on the piano. She is a blessing to me and our family.

For her birthday present, Ashlyn got a ticket to see Taylor Swift in concert in February. I look forward to going with her to the concert.
3 comments:
WOW 14. This is craziness I tell you craziness. I feel old every time I hear things like this. Man alive!
On a totally random note can you turn off the music on your blog - it scares the crap out of me every time I am on your site and then there is a delay and then bam it blasts out at you! Ha ha ha.
Happy birthday to Ashlyn and Dallin!
WOW! I didn't realize both of their ages...they are growing up! I was actually just looking at some of our wedding pictures, which doesn't seem that long ago, but then I see how different both Dallin and Ashlyn are and it hits...time is flying! They are beautiful kids and we wish we were there to celebrate! Please give them our love and tell them we miss them! Grayden is regularly reminding us that there is a major time difference in Singapore where his cousins live! :-)
Post a Comment